* Compared to Clear Care
1. Results from a 22-investigator, multi-site study of PeroxiClear, with a total of 440 eligible subjects. Subjects were randomized to use either PeroxiClear or Clear Care for 3 months. Subjects completed performance surveys at 2-week, 1-month, 2-month, and 3-month visits.
2. Results from a 21-investigator, multi-site study of PeroxiClear, with a total of 299 eligible subjects who were habitual Clear Care users. After 7 days of use, subjects completed an online survey. Consumers rated the performance of PeroxiClear across a range of attributes and compared the performance to their habitual Clear Care solution.
3. A total of 324 eye care practitioners asked Clear Care patients to use PeroxiClear for at least 7 days resulting in 1447 responses to an online survey. The results of these survey questions are accurate at a 95% confidence level to + or – 2% points.
4. High-resolution/accurate-mass (HR/AM) mass spectrometry was used to detect and quantitate the relative amounts of surfactant retained on lenses from PeroxiClear and Clear Care solutions after 20 hours of wear. PureVision2, ACUVUE OASYS, and AIR OPTIX AQUA lenses were soaked in solutions for 12 hours prior to patients wearing lenses for 20 hours.
5. Results of an ex vivo study measuring deposits on worn contact lenses to compare the clinical performance of PeroxiClear and Clear Care solutions. Lenses were worn daily for 1 month (ACUVUE OASYS and ACUVUE Advance lenses). Lenses were scored for mean density of deposits and percent coverage of deposits.
6. Results of in vitro study following FDA/ISO stand-alone procedure for disinfecting products. Test solutions were modified with organic soil to create a more rigorous test condition. Primary criteria for effective disinfection are defined as a reduction in the number of bacteria by a minimum of 3 logs (99.9%) and a reduction of mold and yeast by a minimum of 1 log (90%) within the recommended disinfection time.